Wednesday, January 30, 2008

You Know You Love My...


DICK IN A BOX!
Now I know, and so do you, that Justin Timberlake is kind of a turd.  But that doesn't mean that he can't, in collaboration with the fine people at Saturday Night Live, make a sketch about offering up your genitals to that special lady that makes me laugh hard every time (along with some funky summer club bangers).  I think my favorite part is when he jams that rose into Maya Rudolph's face, or maybe when he's hanging from the basketball hoop.  By god I can't pick just one.  I think it's high time we lay it on the line and recognize all the joy and creativity that Dick in a Box has brought to our lives.
For one thing it inspired my favorite halloween costume of the year.  In these crazy consumer driven, mixed up times it was refreshing to see that the best get-up of the year was a snappy casual outfit and a cardboard box all wrapped up in shiny paper.  How much do you think dick-in-a-box-guy spent on his digs?  I would bet nothing.  And how many hours did he wait in line at Halloween USA to get some vinyl piece of shit?  Zero, absolutely zero.  
And another thing... occasionally that catchy yet unassuming melody gets into my noggin.  It's usually when I'm working with children or out to a nice dinner with my grandparents.  Nothing makes me happier than humming Dick in a Box while acting like a respectable young lady.  It's my own little way of sticking it to the man, or my grandparents, or little kids (not like that you weirdos) in my head...
So here it is.  If you love it enjoy.  If you hate it give it a second chance and get a sense of humor.  If you've never seen it before get ready for the ride of  your life!

No comments: